Using CUPS to print to Windows Printer Server
Yesterday after using YAST2 to update packages my printing system got screwed
up. Don't know why or how.

Rather than try and setup lprold again I thought I would at least give CUPS a
try having read a successful account of using it on the list.

I am connected to a windows workgroup and the HP laserjet compatible printer
is on //WANGTONG/HP with an ip address of 192.168.0.5

I have set up CUPS using the following command:

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p HP -E -v smb://192.168.0.5/HP -m laserjet.ppd

After installing this printer it shows up in the admin window, but when I try
to print a test page the printer job just stays in the pending queue and the
printer manager screen says that the printer has stopped accepting jobs.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working? I'd like to give it a
try before going back to lpr. I am using cups version 1.1.6-13 and samba
2.0.8-1 on SuSE 7.1.

I have the workgroup (TETCO) specified in my smb.conf file.

TIA,

Jethro