Re: [SLE] Problem with adding users to Suse 7.1
Hi Ben:

On Sunday 06 May 2001 23:59, you wrote:

> I would assume that because the KDE source is from the same place that
> it will behave the same. Could it be a bug in "KDE2" or at least the
> version that shipped on the CD's? 2.01 and 2.1.1 have just a FEW
> differences. The user manager should edit the same files that YaST would
> do in order to create a user.
>
> KDE2 is not SuSE. You would do well to remember that. Just because a bug
> exists in KDE doesn't mean it's a SuSE thing. A Window Manager/Desktop
> does not a distribution make or an OS. If this were true...OSX would rule
> the planet. ;)

I have created users with yast both in KDE 2.0.1, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1. It works
fine. I suspect a video card problem and here is why. He has used three
distros and had hard luck. I too had many problems with my nVIDIA drivers
both in KDE and in GNOME. These difficulties were indeed traced to the video
card / drivers. Telltale signs: Mouse trails on desktop after trying to
enclose folders for moving; erratic behavior of Star Office drawing
functions; problems on logout; minor screen corruptions and display
artifacts; lockup of desktop when using xmms and gtulpas.

My solution: disable 3D and use the nv driver; wait till the next release
and better 3D support.

--
Cheers,
Jonathan

"UNIX is a computer operating system, like Windows, but one which, unlike
Windows, is more celebrated than cursed."

< Previous Next >