Re: [SLE] Problem with adding users to Suse 7.1
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 21:59:06 -0700
* Basil Barnes (basil@xxxxxxxxxx) [010506 21:49]:
}=}Jonathan:
}=}
}=}Many thanks for your 3 messages of help for me. I can't believe that
}=}there's such a major bug in the Suse system, and that bothers me quite a
}=}bit. If beta testing didn't pick it up, then I'm forced to wonder what
}=}other bugs may still be present. Bummer. I was looking forward to trying
}=}it out, too.
}=}
}=}I think I might go back to Mandrake again and download version 8, which is
}=}just released.
}=}
}=}Baso;

I would assume that because the KDE source is from the same place that
it will behave the same. Could it be a bug in "KDE2" or at least the
version that shipped on the CD's? 2.01 and 2.1.1 have just a FEW
differences. The user manager should edit the same files that YaST would
do in order to create a user.

KDE2 is not SuSE. You would do well to remember that. Just because a bug
exists in KDE doesn't mean it's a SuSE thing. A Window Manager/Desktop
does not a distribution make or an OS. If this were true...OSX would rule the
planet. ;)

Regards,
--
Ben Rosenberg