Problem with adding users to Suse 7.1
  • From: Basil Barnes <basil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 19:37:26 -0600
Suse 7.1 is my third try at different LInux systems (Red Hat 7 and Mandrake 7.2 round out the trilogy).

However, I have a problem in the installation process (or shortly thereafter), when I try to install additional users. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the User Manager or try it out on the Console, but I get a crash whenever I try to add somebody ... anybody ... as an additional user.

This has happened to me twice now: Once on a PII @ 233 mHz and once again on an AMD K6 @ 800 mHz. Without being able to add multiple users, then Suse is useless to me.

In both cases I am using the KDE that comes with this version of Suse, and in both cases the crash is identical. This shouldn't be happening, but it is.

Can anybody help?

Basil Barnes
---