Re: [SLE] [OT] Microsoft maldesign and drive letters
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 02:27:05 +0200
* Paul Abrahams [Sun, 06 May 2001 11:22:16 -0400]:

>I didn't know that. If you create several partitions, can you control all the
>letters independently? Can you change them later?

Yes to all. But you'll still need a tool like CleanSweep to fix up
references when you change them later :-(

>But it still hasn't percolated through to the consumer-level systems such as
>Windows ME, I gather. I wonder if WinXP will have it.

As XP is more a consumer version of w2k (with IMHO horrible choices of
colours and a really horrible user interface), it won't run on top of
DOS anymore and will offer that feature. That is, if you're willing to
accept the unavoidable registration.

--
Penguins to save the dinosaurs
-- Handelsblatt on Linux for S/390