Would someone from SuSE help with my printer problem?
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 15:03:44 -0500
I've done everything that I and a few others know to try to get my lj4l printer working. I've followed the instructions at http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/jsmeix_print-neueinrichten.html

This printer was working fine until around the time I did an auto-update of the system through Yast 2. I've lost my job and I NEED to be able to print resumes. Please, there is something wrong and I need to get this fixed.

Again, the problem generates a mail message:

jim@yoda:~ > mail
Mail version 8.1 6/6/93. Type ? for help.
"/var/mail/jim": 1 message 1 new
>N 1 jim@yoda Sat May 5 14:50 14/470 "apsfilter: printer fault during job README.txt"
I can cat a text file to lp0 and it prints.

Thanks,

--
Jim Sabatke
SuSE 7.1 Linux

Full many a gem of purest ray serene, The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear; Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air. --Thomas Gray