Re: [SLE] Fwd: Re: [SLE] Wish list for 7.2...
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 07:21:20 -0700
Yes, it is free to the enduser who wants to see bannerads..but what
about the licensing issues that SuSE would have to maybe deal with in
order to ship it in the box. Ximian Gnome is free and you get the
source, but if a distribution wishes to put in in their product and have
that little monkey on the box..they have to pay royalities to
Ximian..and I know this for a fact...it was from the mouth of Miguel and
Nat ...so I would find out what would be involved in a SuSE shipping it.
:)

* Jean-Paul Faessen (faessen.godin@xxxxxxxxxx) [010505 07:11]:
}=}
}=}Wrong,Ben.Opera 5.0 is free now.
}=}OK,you have a small banner,but it's a great browser...
}=}So I guess it can be included...
}=}I will use it anyway...
}=}

--