Re: starting scripts. was: [SLE] network conf touchdown !
  • From: "Marcel Broekman" <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 18:46:11 +0200

---- Begin Original Message ----
From: stephane parenton <sparenton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 04 May 2001 18:28:48 +0200
To: marcelbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] network conf touchdown !

Marcel Broekman wrote:

> OK! great!
>
> Did you add this route also to route.conf? I'm
> not sure, but i think a simple route add from
the
> console won't stick after a reboot. Please
> correct me if i wrong.

no, it won't stick.... But i think that there is
a place to put scripts so they are launched at
each reboot, after the system launches every
needed stuff and before any user can login...

I'll add this to route.conf and find the place
for the other bits of the script to be launched
anyway...

Stephane

For additional commands send e-mail to
suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the FAQ at
http://www.suse.com/support/faq and the
archives at http://lists.suse.com

---- End Original Message ----

Place the scripts in /etc/init.d and make a link
to these scripts in rcx.d, where the x is the
runlevel you want to execute these scripts.
BTW, most of the common stuff will allready be
there and you can tweak 'm with Yast.

mazzel, Marcel