Re: [SLE] Wish list for SuSE 7.2 (what I see in Mandrake 8.0)
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 19:09:58 +0300
Rouvas Stathis wrote:
> Also, please, fix the language changer (or whatever this is called) in
> KDE.2.xx, because although it changes flags (from English to Greek) it
> still impossible to type Greek chars.
> This is not a problem for overall system stability, but since I live in
> Greece it kind of makes KDE.2.xx unusable...
>
> Thank you for your attention.

This is what I have done to .bashrc and I can print type in Turkish
and all the menus and the messages are in English (Except YAST2 which
is buggy). This was necessary for KDE2 like for windowmaker id did not
bother if LANG was tr or en.

# If you want them to use german, please uncomment the following
#export LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1

# KDE wants LANG to be tr
export LANG=tr

# I want messages in English
export LC_MESSAGES=en_US

# Order of letters must be Turkish
export LC_COLLATE=tr_TR.ISO-8859-9

#Sorting is better with C or POSIX
export LC_CTYPE=C

#time I can live with POSIX
export LC_TIME=C

export _XKB_CHARSET=iso8859-9

#export QT_XFT=true

Maybe by fixing these you can type Greek under KDE

HTH

--
Togan Muftuoglu

< Previous Next >