Re: SuSE pricing and upgrades
  • From: Andrei Verovski <andrei.verovski@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 17:57:15 +0300
Hi,

I am completely agree, upgrade pricing is meaningless.

If I would buy all upgrades, SuSE Linux (x86 + PPC) would cost me
$400/year (roughly $100 for each quarterly version), including shipment
cost. I cannot say it is very cheap.

So, am agree to buy full pro version (x86 + PPC) once a year (and already
did), and then 3 quarterly upgrades for $15 or so. I just do not need
manuals for each upgrade, I see no reasons to waste a paper.

I am understand that SuSE GmbH somehow have to survive and continue
development, but I am not sure $400/year is a reasonable price for Linux
distribution, albeit a very good one.

Andrei

< Previous Next >