Re: [SLE] SuSE pricing and upgrades
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:51:24 -0700
}=}> modified, and therefore useless as a complete system. I'd
}=}> be willing to pay $70 for a clean new system every couple of
}=}> years but not every 4 months, which is about how often new
}=}> versions come out.
}=}
}=}Indeed, it's more than just a small fortune for me to spend 70$ every 4-or-so
}=}months. The above solution would be highly appretiated.

SuSE's release cycle has been about every 6 months or so for the last 3
releases..if you don't want to pay $70 then get the personal edition
every 6 months. I mean RH's standard comes with about the same as SuSE
personal for the same amount, yet their Pro is about $100 more then SuSE
pro and RH releases every 6 months...

*shrug* oh well.
--
Ben Rosenberg