RE: [SLE] help required running a script (pretty please)
  • From: Adilson Guilherme Vasconcelos Ribeiro <adilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:09:49 -0300 (BRT)
Today, Ted.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...

> On 03-May-01 scsijon wrote:
> > Most likely dumb but:
> >
> > have written a simple script (script1) I want to run
> >
> > i've used chmod +x script1 ro make it executable
> >
> > when I attempt to run it i get the error:
> >
> > "sh: ./script1: No such file or directory
>
> Contrary to what the message appears to mean (and contrary to
> other replies to this query), what this message really means
> is that some file (data or program or ... ) referenced in the
> script cannot be found.

hi,

i just tried this

$ cat > test.sh
#!/bin/bashh
# ^^^^^^^^^^ let's say I wrote the name of the
# script interpreter incorrectly
clear
^D
$ chmod +x test.sh
$ ./teste.sh
bash: ./teste.sh: No such file or directory

bash is my shell. he can't find the script's interpreter. so, he
can't execute the file

Regards,
Adislon Ribeiro