Re: [SLE] Wish list for SuSE 7.2 (what I see in Mandrake 8.0)
  • From: Lenz Grimmer <grimmer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 11:32:08 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 4 May 2001, Dennis wrote:

> The ML8 just ask me what monitor and resolution, it did the rest for me
> including anti-aliasing ? (I think so)

I wonder, what TT fonts they are using (I haven't checked ML personally
lately). This is our main problem - you simply can not get good-looking,
free TrueType fonts that include a complete charset.

> Though this is not very important, but 7.1 can only detect the 815 graphic
> as 810 and only allow 800x600/16 bits.
> ML8 got it done at 1024x768/16bits @ 70Hz.

Well, no wonder - their XFree86 in 8.0 is newer than the one is SL 7.1.
7.2 will detect it, too.

Bye,
LenZ
Lenz Grimmer SuSE GmbH
mailto:grimmer@xxxxxxx Schanzaeckerstr. 10
http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/ 90443 Nuernberg, Germany
The only roses without thorns are love and friendship.