Re: [SLE] Dumb Yast2 Printconf Bug
  • From: Andrei Verovski <andrei.verovski@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:46:58 +0300
}=}Hi,
}=}
}=}I am trying to add printer through Yast2 -> Configure Printers. I have
}=}two TCPI/IP forwarding queues I have added manually and which are
working
}=}OK.
}=}
}=}So, I am choosing Add ->
}=}Prefilter queue for remote printer ->
}=}Create new one (hostname 192.168.0.132, name of remote queue
hp2200dn),
}=}test is OK ->
}=}Manufacturer/model:GhostScript devices/ljet4 ->
}=}Printer's name: HP2200DN_GS/name of TCP/IP queue hp2200dn
}=}
}=}And then, yast2 brings error message that name is invalid (it should
be
}=}less than 20 chars, and contain only alphanumeric characters and
}=}underscore), no matter what name I am using. The same happens if I am
}=}trying to add remote queue.

>Question: Have you pulled down all the update RPM's for YaST2? I seem to
>remember there were a few that dealt with printing.

I have trashed old printcap, and now it seems it works. TCP/IP forwarding
queue works fine as before, but printing via GhostScript produces crappy
results worth trash can only.

Andrei

  • No further messages