How can I set up a basic gateway
  • From: Matt <zagnimp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:52:16 +0100
Hi

Woops mistake no 1 watch that subject line when sending a message
(I appologies Sorry).

I am rather new to this list and I have one of the most basic questions
that seem to go beyond the installation support offered by SuSE....

Please could someone post me a very simple setup for configuring
a gateway to connect 3 linux boxes to the internet where the
modem is only connected to one box...

ie internet <--->modem<--> box1 <---> box2 <--> box3

So that all the users can connect to the internet.

my network is setup with

box1 192.168.10.1
box2 192.168.10.2
box3 192.168.10.3

hostname box1 = linuxbox1
hostname box2 = linuxbox2
hostname box3 = linuxbox3

All I need is edit this file .... type this into it etc.. etc...

Any ideas ?

Regards

Matt