Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:07:02 +0200
* Mark Hounschell [Wed, 02 May 2001 05:31:36 -0400]:

>I believe they have alot invested in reiser and don't want to appear
>as if they aren't in full support of reiser

This, to a degree, is true.

>so you may NEVER see it on a SUSE dist.

But this is, pardon the language, utterly wrong! Of course we will
eventually include *all* the journaling file systems (ext3, XFS, JFS) if
they prove to be solid in their Linux implementation and coexist with
the other journaling file systems.

I know XFS has had some issues but I do not know the current status. So
I'll just wait and see what happens.

BTW, that XFS has a proven track record on other OS doesn't mean much to
me, as that still leaves quite a bit to do wrong in the port to a new
platform.

Let's just wait a bit and see what experience people have with it.

--
Penguins to save the dinosaurs
-- Handelsblatt on Linux for S/390