Re: [SLE] Just For Fun
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 17:08:46 -0700
* Steven Hatfield (ashari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [010502 14:16]:
}=}Hey there fellow SuSErs!
}=}
}=}I know we are all busy talking about hacks and xfs and why this or that peice
}=}of hardware doesn't work, so I thought I would throw something kinda fun into
}=}the mix.
}=}
}=}Check out the KDE2 screenshot at:
}=}http://rival.kirtland.cc.mi.us/~ashari/screenshot.png
}=}
}=}There are a few things to notice, that might not be apparent right away.
}=}1) The kpager on the bottom right has no window decorations and seems
}=}integrated with the desktop.
}=}2) There is a "/var/log/messages" tail going on that seems integrated with
}=}the desktop and it has no apparent window.
}=}3) The kpager, gkrellm, and the Eterm displaying the tail do not show up in
}=}the taskbar at the top of the screen.
}=}4) The window decorations aren't even from KDE2.
}=}5) The desktop is using truetype fonts (not that big of a deal today, but it
}=}was still a .. ummm.. pain .. to get working)

It's KDE2 w/ Blackbox instead of KWin the KDE2 window manager. You can
change this in the startkde script in /opt/kde2/bin. I use to use
WindowMaker and KDE. *shrug*.

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx