cdrom
with Suse 7.1 Pro

I have had intermittent problems with my cdrom

In the Xconsole I see that after a while I get timeout errors on /dev/hdb (my
cdrom) and then just nothing happens

eventually, it may or may not come back but if it does it informs me of an
I/O error. Then I have to reboot my machine to get it to mount because until
I do it tells me that there is no media in the drive.

I feel that this is definitely a kernel/driver problem

It is just a normal IDE CDROM nothing special.

Anyone else having these problems?

Jerry

--
Boycott the outlaw Microsoft - and use Linux - the Software that gives you
Freedom to choose!

  • No further messages