Re: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
Subject: Re: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:56:34 +0100
From: Dave Smith <Dave.Smith@xxxxxx>
To: eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 12:44:25PM +0100, eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> There is a company, Simply Computers (http://www.simply.co.uk) who will not
> sell a computer without an operating system. However, they do not offer
> any Linux distos. The only solution they offer is to buy MsDOS even if you
> are never going to use it. Is there anything that can be done or is there
> anyway that we can put pressure on the them to rethink their policy?

Vote with your feet. Go elsewhere, and tell them that you are doing so
because of their policy.

However, Simply are not the only company that will not sell a computer
without an OS; Many laptop suppliers are the same, AFAIK.

--
David Smith Tel: +44 (0)1454 462380 (direct)
STMicroelectronics Fax: +44 (0)1454 617910

< Previous Next >