Re: [SLE] spm files- wha?
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 22:39:19 -0500
At 09:50 PM 5/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to install the xntp pkg off the cd#3 in 7.1/personal. I can
>open the .spm file with the package manager, and pressing "install" seems
>to elicit some activity that LOOKs like something is being installed, but
>it isn't! What is an spm and how do I use one???

An srpm is the source rpm package. i.e. you make ix86.rpm packages from srpms. The srpm is actually not what you are looking for, you are looking for the i386.rpm. Use YaST2's search, or look in series n (I think it's in n.).

You could install the srpm, then as root cd down into /usr/src/package/RPM and run rpm -ba SPECS/<package_name>.srpm but that's probably not what you want to do.

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com