Re: [SLE] Executing WP from KDE desktop
  • From: James "Jim" Hatridge <hatridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 20:41:15 +0200

HI Paul et al........

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 07:06, you wrote:
> I must be missing something simple here. I have installed WP8 on my SuSE7.1
> machine. I Can't seem to get the program to execute from the
> icon I created on my KDE2 desktop unless I click the start in terminal
> option.Similarly, I can execute the program from the command line with
> no problem. Normal execution from the GUI however yields no reults. Any
> thoughts would be welcome. I've not had this problem with WP and
> other dusro's in the past and am wondering what might be unique to KDE2
> and/or SuSe that would cause this.
>
> Paul

Would you or any of the other very kind people on this list tell me HOW to
get WP8 on 7.1? At the moment I would be happy to have it running in any form
at all. I have the 7 disk set and can not find WP8 on it. So I tried to
install it from a Linux Central disk set I have. It gave me all kinds of
errors.

WP8 worked fine on 6.3, now I'm dead in the water. I miss my WP8!
Please help!

TIA!

--
Jim Hatridge
Proud Linux User #88484

I didn't vote for his daddy either!
Libertarian Party www.lp.org

BayerWulf
Jim's Beowulf Project
Looking for giveaway computers and parts
Email Jim for details on
how you can help build a poor man's super computer.