Re: [SLE] Frustrated with Linux
  • From: Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:03:23 -0500
Hi Jerry:

On Monday 30 April 2001 20:43, you wrote:
>I don't know anything about UDF, or
> how long the tecnology has been released, but I would think the Linux
> community would have better support for it than it does buy this time.
>
> Please help me stay with the Penguin,

Basically SuSE is handling four projects at once.

1) New Kernel

2) New KDE desktop

3) New Xfree86 4.x

4) New LSB compliant file system.

It may very well be that you will have to wait for the next SuSE release for
all features to be easily useable. I think SuSE is doing a fine job at
juggling all these projects. I compare the present inconveniences to my
(happily) brief experience with M$ Windows 3.1 and I must say SuSE is doing a
a much better job at managing these new technologies. My advice is to be
patient and not insist on "bug for bug" compatibility with Windows.

--
Cheers,
Jonathan