RE: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: "crrey" <crrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:59:31 -0500
This is a very clear sign that M$ is worried and getting desparate. Since
they can't stop OEMs from put alt-OSes on their products they are now
targeting the purchasers in order to muscle and threaten them. And as the
article stated, any company or corporation that buys a lot of comps without
an m$ product is likely headed for an audit. This may very likely backfire
because if an OEM reports such purchases they will most likely loose
clientele, therefore OEMs may want to think this out. The fact that M$ is
trying to turn the OEMs into policemen is, to say the least, questionable.
I can't see any prudent OEM subscribing to this because of the potential
lost customer base and getting involved in the internal affairs between M$
and the company that bought the computers.