Re: [SLE] IP Masq / DHCP / Firewalling (Reply: LONG!)
  • From: agtiger@xxxxxxxxxxx (Argentium G. Tiger)
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 10:44:12 -0500

Samy Elashmawy <samelash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Will download it and install it via yast. Thanks for the addes info.

No problem. :-)

>How do you keep it all in sync between the two ie hand edit files
>and yast admin ?

Well, I'll hand edit rc.config and then run SuSEconfig afterwards for some
things, and I tend to edit other configuration files that YaST either
doesn't manage at all, or that I can tell YaST *not* to manage by setting
certain settings in rc.config.

>Ah ha . Makes sence now. With my linited time , I have allways tried
>to use yast whenever I can !

Using YaST makes good sense, it does a lot of the grunt work for you in a
variety of areas. :-) I just love to mess around at the lower level too.

Take care,
Argentium