Re: [SLE] Problems setting up Iomega Zip250 drive
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 03:46:44 +0200

* Phil Shrimpton (phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20000403 00:52]:

> depmod: *** Unresoved Symbols in .../block/ide-probe-mod.o
> depmod: *** Unresoved Symbols in .../misc/isdn_bsdcomp.o
> depmod: *** Unresoved Symbols in .../pcmcia/mtok_cb.o
> depmod: *** Unresoved Symbols in .../pcmcia/mtok_cs.o
>
> Again, not sure if this has anything to do with my problem (I am not using
> ISDN or PCMCIA), but it needs fixing at some point.

It doesn't have anything to do with with your ZIP drive.

> > > Parallel Port Address = Auto
> > > Parallel Port Status = LPT1 378 IRQ7
> >
> > First of all, try setting Port Address to a fixed value, e.g. 378.
>
> I have set "Parallel Port Address" to LPT1 378 IRQ7, still does not work...

Hmm, do you also have a parallel printer? If yes, try hooking it up to the
port *instead* of the drive and print something directly to the port, e.g.
'cat /etc/fstab > /dev/lp0'. That would at least show if the port is working
at all.

BTW, what's the output of 'uname -a' on that machine?

> Imm.o: init_module: Device or Resource Busy. Does this mean I have a
> conflict?

Not necessarily. You'll get that message also if no device is detected.

> Also the Zip drive is a Zip250, not a Zip100. I can only find info on the
> web about connecting a Zip100 drive under Linux, and the Zip250 requires
> different drivers under Windows, is is actually supported?

I just don't know. I only have the parallel ZIP 100 and an internal ATAPI
ZIP 100. You could try contacting the author of the ppa/imm driver and ask
him. Otherwise I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h