[SLE] major problem with fetchmail
  • From: rlyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Lyons)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:08:20 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having a big problem with fetchmail since I upgraded from 6.1 to
6.3. All of a suden when the mail is fetched from my isp it never makes it
to my system. I can watch it leave the account on my isp's mail server and
it never gets to me. It just vanishes. Is there some problem with the way
fetchmail works with 6.3 or do I have to change my configuration file? I'm
going to send you the config file the I was using under 6.1 with no
problems:

et daemon 600
poll mail.dayton.net with proto POP3 user XXXXXX there with password XXXX
is XXXXXX here with options fetchall

And what is the purpose of fetchmail.pid

P.S. I heard somebody say that with the new version of pine that you could
fetch your mail from your isp - HOW do you do this? I'm using pine version
4.21
Thanks For all of your help
Robert