Re: [SLE] how to make a DOS formated floppy?
  • From: neonatus@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Bostjan Muller)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:07:05 +0200

Hi!

Well I seem to have a problem. If I try just mformat everything is ok. If I use
fdformat first the floppy is unreadable on win machine.

The exact error from a DOS prompt is:
General failiure reading drive a
Abort, Retry, Fail?

If i type R I get the same error. The only way to see anything on that floppy
in win again is to reformat it via win/DOS's format :(

What could be the problem in my case is it possible that the fdformat has some
problems on my machine, that I cannot see? How can I determine if this is
fdformat's problem. I am running eval verison of SuSE 6.2 is this a poblem
with the distros rpm maybe - should I use the one from SuSE's ftp site?

THX in advance!

Bostjan

+----Here quoted text begins----+

+----and here the quote ends----+