Re: [SLE] TTFonts show Cyrillic but not print Cyrillic
  • From: juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Juergen Braukmann)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 20:38:45 +0200

George Zeigler wrote:

> Hello,
> I installed xfsft to use TrueType fonts. I can view pages in Cyrillic
> KOI8-R . But when I tried printing, I got garbage. This does not happen if I
> use Type 1 fonts. This occurs in Netscape and in simple text editors.
> I ended up copying the text into Star Office, which I still have set to
> Type 1 fonts so as to print the page.
>
> Can someone explain why I can view but not print?

Hi George,

do you have a link or page handy for testing? I guess netscape
substitute the fonts for printing, I had trouble to print CSS pages - It
didn't look like the screen, also I had my ghostscript fontmap altered.
Saw some japanese pages recently, but didn't try to print these. This
involves the way netscape prints (printing under X is not connected to
display as in Windows), which is unknown to me. ;-( (I belive Netscape
uses it's fonts, or the "next near" for replacement)

Juergen