Re: [SLE] /etc/ppp/ip-up

----- Original Message -----
From: Damian Slavek <damianks@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-linux-e <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: [SLE] /etc/ppp/ip-up

> BobF wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Damian Slavek wrote:
> > > Is the file /etc/ppp/ip-up read every time a ppp
connection is
> > > established? I looked around quite a bit and coudn't
find anything
> > > about that. I use a moden to connect to my ISP.
> > >
> > > I have been busting a nut trying to configure a
few things just right
> > > and then I stumbled across this file with most of what
I would like to
> > > do commented out. I would be quite pleased if all I
had to do was
> > > delete a few # symbols and enter in some site specific
info. If this is
> > > so I will have to join the throng of folks praising
the suse team on a
> > > job well done.
> >
> > On my system (6.3) ip-up is a shell script and yes it is
used every time you
> > make a connection to your dial up account.
> >
> > What are you trying to do?
> > --
> > Bob F
>
> I was trying to fine tune the sendmail configuration from
yast. Don't
> get me wrong, it worked flawlessly for what it was
intented to do. Just
> wanted it to send my mail when I make a connection and
have fetchmail
> get my new mail. After a few days of digging I finally
found what I
> wanted, In the SuSE manual, my bad :( (feeling pretty
stupid). I then
> stumbled upon the ip-up script and found the section
> #Maybe you want to start mail services
> Now that I know it is run at every ppp connect I just have
to configure
> fetchmail, uncomment the proper lines, and I'm good to go.
Thank you
> for the info.
>
> Damian

I have mine set up this way. I now get an error when I try
and compose a letter (with pine) offfline.
I think sendmail has to be active but spooling when there is
no connection.