Re: [SLE] static linking trouble
  • From: pthomas@xxxxxxx (Philipp Thomas)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 06:10:40 +0200

* Christophe Le Cannellier (christophe.le-cannellier@xxxxxxxxxx) [20000401 21:38]:

> I am trying to perform a static link, so that I can send an executable
> to people who do not have some libraries (Motif in this very case).

Please tell me the full line with which you call gcc to do the linking.
Maybe you did do something wrong. Normally it should be something like

gcc -static -o foo $(OBJECTS) -lX11 -lXm

Make sure that libXm.a is in a place the linker can find, i.e. either passed
to gcc via -L, in the environment variable LIBRARY_PATH or one of the
default directories /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx>
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h