Re: [SLE] [Fwd: Virus Alert: FBI Finds 911 Virus Wiping Out Hard Drives Today]
  • From: dizzy73@xxxxxxxxxx (dizzy)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:56:23 -0500

Jerry L Kreps wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> > Ian Reilly wrote:
> > >
> > > Just received this from SANS and i figure enough of you are running win
> > > boxs to warrant it. this is not a joke.
> > > Just thought you should know!
> >

> > HOGWASH! this may not be a joke but it certainlly is BAD information
>
> IF you would only go to http://www.nipc.gov you will see that it is
> legitmate. The nipc is housed in the FBI building in Washington.
> The virus is real too, for M$ OSs.

We'll see.. are we beleiving everything we read?? from the FBI no less!
I take it that.. it only hit them... and... is being transferred via
AT&T MCI AOL....to "limited" areas... hehehehe But their the only ones
who have "submitted the code" to the virus authorities??
On their "advisory" page they seem to have the caps lock thing going
on....not very savy in my book.
http://www.nipc.gov/nipc/advis00-038.htm
I wouldnt trust anything from them let alone virus alerts.
Lets see what transpires If Im wrong I will stand corrected
I seriously doubt it tho
rob