Re: [SLE] [Fwd: Virus Alert: FBI Finds 911 Virus Wiping Out Hard Drives Today]
  • From: dizzy73@xxxxxxxxxx (dizzy)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:08:32 -0500

Ian Reilly wrote:

> Just received this from SANS and i figure enough of you are running win
> boxs to warrant it. this is not a joke.
> Just thought you should know!

HOGWASH! this may not be a joke but it certainlly is BAD information

The FBI finds 911 virus?? They seem to be the only ones who have

> Ian

hehehehehe... now that is FUNNY!

> This is a vicious virus and needs to
> be stopped quickly. That can only be done through wide-scale
> individual action. Please forward this note to everyone who you
> know who might be affected.

Uh huh.... Ill send it to all those I care about <not>

> The FBI Advisory is posted at http://www.nipc.gov/nipc/advis00-038.htm

o the online community is relying on FBI adviorisies LOL!!!!

> The 911 virus is the first "Windows shares virus." Unlike recent
> viruses that propagate though eMail, the 911 virus silently jumps
> directly from machine to machine across the Internet by scanning
> for, and exploiting, open Windows shares. After successfully
> reproducing itself in other Internet-connected machines
> (to assure its continued survival) it uses the machine's modem to
> dial 911 and erases the local machine's hard drive. The virus is
> operational; victims are already reporting wiped-out hard drives.
> The virus was launched through AOL, AT&T, MCI, and NetZero in the
> Houston area. The investigation points to relatively limited
> distribution so far, but there are no walls in the Internet.

OOOOOOO this sounds s c a r y......

Ian, where you get your information is your business... but *please*
dont try to pass off crap like this to fairly intelligent computer
users.

Do yourself an informational favor- check any reputable av site on the
net like
avp or datafellows, read comp.os.virus youll soon see there is no such
thing as what the "sans advisory" is "claiming".
avp, datafellows, or fprot surely have more integrity the the F%^$ing
FBI!

ahhh yet another hoax

rob

below is just a buch of crap.....