Re: [SLE] Help - 6.3 - Can't boot off of anything!
  • From: toganm@xxxxxxxxx (Togan Muftuoglu)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 22:36:07 +0300

> I installed Suse Linux 6.3 on one of my PC's several days
> ago. There was a warning sheet included with the
> distribution about problems installing LILO to the /boot
> partition. As suggested, I installed LILO to the MBR.
>
> Well - At present, I can't boot off of anything - Not even
> my (formerly) bootable cdrom, not from the bootable floppy.
>
> When I power cycle the machine, I hear a couple of seconds
> of action on the cdrom, and then nothing. The monitor
> remains black.

If you have your motheboar manual with you read the section regarding
clearing the cmos memory shortcircuiting it via a jumper. If you do not
have the manual try to get hold to the websþte of the board maker it
might help you there.

I had a similar problems and cmps shortciruit helped.

Hope this helps

--
Togan Muftuoglu
toganm@xxxxxxxxx