[SLE] Re: An etiquette for this list - a call for discussion
  • From: hatridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James (Jim) Hatridge)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:12:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Phillipp et al,

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Philipp Thomas wrote:

> The users of the German suse-linux have created an etiquette which is posted
> once a month on the list. You can have a look at a slightly outdated
> translated version at

Personally I see no reason to have rules on this list. We are doing fine
without them. I know that Germans in general love the rule book. Heck, the
stamp club I belong to has it in the rule book that we all will say "du"
to each other.

We are all adult (well most <G>), if someone gets out of line we as a
group will help him/her learn better. The major problem with having stated
rules will be the self-appointed "SuSE Police". Then if someone gets
alittle off topic we'll have someone going on about ยง3 etc, etc.

This list being on a (more or less) basic level then I expect allot of
simple questions. No problem, either we go over the basics again with the
new guy or if we just did it last week we tell him to look at the SuSE
site. I've no heartburn on reviewing basic stuff. I learn something every time
I read this list.

Just my .02 euro!

Jim Hatridge
hatridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Proud Linux User #88484
Jim's Beowulf Project
Looking for giveaway computers and parts
I need it all!
Email Jim for details on
how you can help build a poor man's super computer.