Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Does the project have a publicly accessible project management tool?
Hi,

Am 21.05.2012 15:28, schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
On 18.05.2012 08:01, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

- I find the structure highly confusing

Can I ask you a personal favor? Can you take a couple of minutes from your
busy
schedule and elaborate on that as PM to me? In particular I would like you to
answer the following questions from the top of your head (without looking it
up
I mean) if you can.

* What are Namespaces?
* What are Portals?

I know the general meaning of namespaces and I can guess what portals are in the
wiki. It doesn't make sense to write a lot about it because I for sure do not
know details and that's maybe why "I find the structury highly confusing".

* How do you think people can collaborate in a wiki?

I do not get that question.

* For whom do you think is the openSUSE wiki?

Aeh, for everyone involved in the project and interested persons?
I'm not sure what you want to say.

Let me explain what I wanted to say instead:

I use wikis sometimes but it's not my main task to write documentation in wikis.
I use the new openSUSE wiki rarely (even more rarely than the old one) because I
don't know the details about the above and I use my time for something else
instead of working through every detail of our wiki.

But from time to time I see that there is a need to write some FAQ or
documentation for stuff _I_ know.
The last time (which was quite a few weeks in the past) I failed miserably and
was not able to add a page
- because either I didn't know where it belongs
- or it failed for permission reasons
- yes, I asked on #opensuse-wiki and got no answer

I do not say it's impossible to work through that but I find it a high bar for
people not used to the system.

ATM I want to add some documentation and will hopefully work through during the
next days and in case it's needed I'll share my experience again with current
data.

Wolfgang