Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Does the project have a publicly accessible project management tool?
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:27:28 +1000
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've tried a number of other pads,  Piratepad, typewith.me, etc.  And
each one just doesn't stay up for very long, disconnects after a very
short period of time.

Agreed, that always was a frustration. I never expected them to be
permanent and usually made a local copy of things I worked on.

Its downside is security, it's out there
in a very open cloud space.

We try to be a very open and transparent project here, so I don't
consider this to be much of an issue.

True for the most part, though as a writer, if I'm doing something for
a magazine, it needs to be 'unpublished' - they want fresh, exclusive
material. But it's a bit of a moot point given the other limitations.

Some have political issues about using GoogleDocs....
you still can't make it publicly accessible to edit.

Two big limitations. I'm not personally a fan of Google docs and share
some of the political concern, but had noticed some of the team using
it.

So let's stick with wiki which is our main tool anyway.   Granted, the
wiki syntax can be a bit daunting to some people, but I think in the
circle of people participating here so far, we're able to tackle that
with little challenge.

That sounds like a plan. I'm not entirely comfortable with wiki syntax
but it won't take long to fix that.
I'd been thinking about some of the mini wikis I've played with
(TiddlyWiki, WikiOnAStick) but if we can use our existing wiki in that
way .... it's not an issue that it's a 'work in progress'?

IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx
helensouth.com