  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 01:21:26 +0200
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Fredag den 31. juli 2009 16:05:05 skrev Susanne Oberhauser:
We could make down-sized screenshots as buttons to choose from, side by
side --- or a mosaic of several of them.

That would make it simpler for users to decide.

Screenshots don't tell users which desktop is easier to get
help/support for, has been tested by the most people, has the best
level of 3rd party package support etc.

Do I sense a hidden claim that one of the two has better technology or a
better community than the other?

To my understanding the the two communities have grown enough mutual
respect to see theit coexistence as a happy coopetition, a fun
technology race.

If that is true, it's more than reasonable to leave the choice open.

I hate if large coorporations use their influences to try to gain market
share not based on superior technology or better services but just by
taking side influence or using pure power. "We are larger, you go with
us."

Sounds strange to me.

btw, just you know, I'm using KDE for ages, I like it and I see no
reason to switch.

That said I just realized how much I'm invested in this really minor
minor discussion --- I believe we have more relevant things to fix ;)

My .02 EUR

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5