On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 11:19 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
OpenSUSE provides two polished first-class desktops. Desktop selection is
matter of taste, so try them and decided what your prefer.

Or

OpenSUSE all about choice, we provide first-class desktops. Desktop
selection is a matter of taste. Try them and decide what you prefer.

As a GNOME developer and openSUSE user/member this is my opinion. If we
have the two major desktop's supported by 2 big teams why make kde or
gnome the default ? There's no sense because the two desktops are
threated as first class citizen.
Will opensuse gain more developers if it will make kde default ? I
don't think so, because SUSE for all this years has lot's of developers
working on kde upstream so simply make it default won't bring more
developers.
What will happen in 1 year ? Well GNOME 3.0 will be released next year
and it will gain his momentum again. So in one year will we change the
default desktop again when GNOME gains more users !?

I think one of the main problems for what gnome developers don't pick
opensuse it's because opensuse isn't really a developers friendly
distro. I think for 11.2 this will change a bit since OBS is rocking and
the GNOME Team is trying to give more developer tools and documentation
(i.e. i wrote a howto on the GNOME wiki about building GNOME from git).

Please stop with this "supposed features" because this will only
separate the community and start non sense flame wars like emacs vs vim,
banshee vs amarok etc...

Cheers

Luis