  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:37:45 +0200
Fredag den 31. juli 2009 17:21:39 skrev jdd (kim2):
Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
Can we find a better solution than we currently have without giving out
this message? Or is this no great alternative?

Yes, we should find one.

The real question is : what are the real difference between kde, gnome
and xfce (and server or minimal install). If we could summarize this,
we could add a sentence in front of the choice and let the user decide.

However, I think this is easy... but for kde/gnome (for me). Let's try:

* KDE: the richer desktop, most loaded with options and wigdgets,
preferably used on high end computers, more Windows 7 like.

* Gnome: rich desktop, many options, great look, but lighter than Kde
and so able to run on less powerfull computers. Still very Windows
like and comfortable

It can't be done.

You already made some highly controversial statements comparing KDE to MS
Windows and claiming GNOME is (significantly) more light weight than KDE.