Re: [opensuse-marketing] feedback on news
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 02:05:47 +0200
On Thursday 28 October 2010 21:51:42 jdd wrote:
Le 28/10/2010 21:49, Jos Poortvliet a écrit :

Which is too bad - after all, as was said during the conference by
Henne - we

all read the planet.

no.

many people don't have time to read the many openSUSE mailing lists,
foruls AND planet. Planet being probably the worst (that is less
organized). openSUSE *officials* should be discussed here (or on some
list anybody is invited to subscribe), but no anywhere like lizards or
planet. Don't you have any other work to do than read the net?

Gosh, I wish I had more time - I usually read up on the planet around - well,
like now, 0200 hour. I need to find a system where I can stay up to date with
what is going on yet manage to get my 8 hours sleep ;-)

I think most if not all people on this list do. Unless

the process of selecting is complicated (no idea how you do that) it
should be someting pretty much everyone can do - maybe we should make a
bit more noise about the fact that our Weekly News needs help!

weekly news could have a part quoted "official news" and an other
"found on then net"

Creative solution, yes. The stuff from news.o.o could go naturally in the
official news section as the editors there should ensure it's good. Then the
cherry picking could be as liberal as needed.

If Henne's idea of re-doing news.o.o to turn it into a cherry pickin' platform
comes through, maybe this thing is moot and we can integrate that part into
the weekly news...

Henne should probably blog about his idea or present it here, I don't have the
energy now to explain his quite daring idea :D

jdd
< Previous Next >