Re: [opensuse-marketing] BoF topics please!
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:22:25 +0200
On Sunday 24 October 2010 22:58:11 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
[...]
Please, Bryen, AJ, Michl, Yaloki, whoever made notes - send them!

My incomplete notes:

Focus today on what are priorities for coming year.

Looking back:
* Seen reenergizing the last three months
* There's far more community outside that were not connnected with
others. Let's connect them with each other.

Comments:
* We're still in the initial phase of starting the team.
* Allow us to fail
* Don't set too high objectives, instead build up a team that works
as team, a sustainable team.
* More important building the team instead of achieving all goals.
* Impressed by what are the ambassadors are doing.
* There is no consistent corporate branding for openSUSE - problem for
artwork. We need a proper branding and a successfull art work team
to support the marketing team.
* Ambassadors need a lot of help with support materials. Already doing
a lot of things but we should encourage them to document what they
are doing and help them.
* Exchange of reports by ambassadors is a good way to learn from each
other. Reports should also go out to the openSUSE weekly news and
planet openSUSE.
* Do we really need both ambassador and marketing mailing lists? Or
should we better document how each should be used?
* Long term we want to have some ambassador leader or an ambassador
council to support the ambassador program better. We want to mentor
and build up some folks for the future.
* Fedora has more requirements for ambassadors what they have to
do. Suggestion is to add some more requirements here as well in the
long term but not yet. For now, the questionaire that AJ sends out
asks for plans for the next months.
* We would love to have training for ambassadors.
* We want to clean up the ambassador list of people that are really
inactive. A measure for now is a user page in the wiki. AI for aj to
email everybody without a user page and remove them later.
* We really want to have ambassadors connected with each other and the
marketing team.
* Idea to have proxies for each country to only send e.g. DVDs to one
person and to connect people in each country with each other. They
can also help translating requests that come in right now.
* Jos wants to visit ambassador teams in their countries and support
them.
* We have the slogan "openSUSE - Linux for open minds". We should
revisit the slogan after the strategy has finished.
* We need to have good writers and therefore coach them to write good
articles. Jos is coaching actively. Writing the initial version is
the hardest part, editing text is less demanding. Goal of coaching
is that editing text is not needed ;)
* We want to ask members from other teams for a brain dump to start
writing articles to help the marketing team.

Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany