Re: [opensuse-marketing] Presentation videos - How to do that?
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:15:20 +0200
On 2010-10-24 jdd wrote:
Le 24/10/2010 20:26, Rajko M. a écrit :
This is triggered by this video:
http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/video/234/thomas-mcguire-kmail-2

It is much better presentation then any (opensource) I've seen before.

the others may be horrible, given this one is pretty unvisible

We definitely need very simple guidance for those taking videos.

this is not a problem with videos, but with presentations.
Presentation (aka powerpoint presentations) are the worst thing ever
invented! Never, ever, do such thing.

The best a diapo can do is to keep somwhere on the background to have
an outline of the presentation itself, and the screen have to *show*
the subject (and not what you are speaking just now).

Simply look an any documentary in TV. Could you give this presentation
to the TV? no? so don't give it to audience at all.

I made an example film (to be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5CDG02cXyk, but I had to do all by
myself alone, and it's too much work, this version is suboptimal and
was never finished.

One of ideas is to contact students that learn how to make videos and
give them a chance to show what they know, for instance DePaul College
of Computing and Digital Media (CDM) has people that can help with
advice [1].

http://www.cdm.depaul.edu/Pages/default2.aspx

wy not?

good luck :-)

It's not difficult, it's only a very hudge work...

We can try for the next openSUSE conference...

It would also be good to have a page on the conference site with some tips and
tricks on how to give a talk/make a presentation/etc.

jdd