Re: [opensuse-marketing] We are Geeko ( Second Calling)
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <sj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:56:02 -0500
On 10/25/2010 10:29 AM, Chuck Payne wrote:
Lights, Camera, Action! (Sorry for the cross posting but I want to
make sure everyone see this)

Hello All ,

Please dont take me wrong nor I am pointing personal.I am just writing this , so that next time when making video - these things/mistakes are not repeated.

This video does not look official at all. I mean as compared to the size of openSUSE community , this is not up to the mark. Specially in terms of the quality , the video did not look professional. Also IMO instead of speaking a lot on 'I am geeko , I use openSUSE and so on...' I think , just a line - "I am a geeko" or "I use openSUSE" and flashing it fast would have been good choice and after it is done , show the power of words and more videos on how ambassadors work.

Hats off to the contribution of the ambassadors , but still somewhere I felt something is missing.

Thanks for reading ,
Shayon (Sj) .

Hello. This is the second call to all openSUSE Ambassadors. We are
working on a video to add to the wiki and to show that we are golbal
community.

We did one already that was shown at OSC10, but we didn't get a lot of
people as you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKH_MxTI-mU (Thanks Koushik Nundy for
uploading this to You Tube)

We want more.

Here are the guide lines.

1) A video about 1 minute. Intro yourself, where you are from, and
then says. I am Geeko -or- I am Lizard. Both in English and your
native tounge.
2) Please use some type of marker to let me know where you begin and
where you end.
3) Please check your audio before sending, we are going to add music
so if you are soft or the audio is low, we won't be able to hear you.
4) If you don't have video, send me a picutre with audio. I will working it.
5) Please give give me your name and nick so that I can tag in the video.
6) Have fun. :-)

I haven't turn on ftp site. I will send a follow up to this e-mail to
let everyone know when it up. It should be about 2AM UTC ( 9PM EST)

ftp.magidesign.com (65.166.136.2)
Userid: geeko
Password: @mb@ss@d0r

Dead line November 5th.