Re: [opensuse-marketing] A review on our Marketing Strategies
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:52:35 +0200
On Tuesday 12 October 2010 13:43:54 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Tuesday 12 October 2010 schrieb Jos Poortvliet:
Ok, so to help this braindead dude a little, tell me again in clear and
puppy- compattible words:
- does the promo DVD installation option have the same packages as the GM
and are the liveCD things only additions? OR does the promo DVD
installation option have less packages to make room for the live images?

My natural reaction to this question is answering: yes. But only to tease
you

:)

My mail had attached a list of packages that are _NOT_ on the promo DVD but
are on the normal DVD. the live images have 1.4G together, this is quite a
bit to save, so a lot of packages had to be dropped.

Hehe. Ok, I get it now, thanks.

Sounds like it'd be not smart to have that promo DVD as default. So it might
be available for our ambassadors but not per-se for the general public...

Greetings, Stephan