Re: [opensuse-marketing] A review on our Marketing Strategies
  • From: Graham Lauder <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:04:36 +1300
On Tuesday 12 Oct 2010 18:19:49 Sankar P wrote:
On 10/12/2010 at 01:47 AM, in message

What packages does the promo DVD miss ? I would suggest, For download, we
should give isos of only:

1) Live CDs of GNOME & KDE
2) Promo DVD (also acts as a Live DVD)

Until now, I was of the opinion that the promo DVD and the DVD iso on the
downloads site contains the same set of packages.

Sankar

In fact the Promo DVD has way more packages. It will run both a Gnome and KDE
live sessions and the DVD is double sided, one side has 64 bit install and 32
bit the other. I tell people just put it in 64 bit up and if your computer is
32 bit a message will popup telling you that your computer is not 64 bit
compatible and all you have to do is take it out of the drive and turn it
over.

The Promo DVD is a work of art and with the New packaging it is very popular.

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org