[opensuse-marketing] A review on our Marketing Strategies
  • From: Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:36:09 +0530
Hi All,

I have noticed a couple of things during the past few days which I
will like to share with you all

Point 1 is
The way we write articles on release, its not as catchy as either
fedora or ubuntu or even mint
While ubuntu picks up small things like small buttons that are
available and stuff like that and fedora 13 has come with a lot of
more security tools, we dont have something special to say after all
how long can we survive by writing about YaST and OBS. Also YaST is
taken as a very difficult thing by most of the people even though it
is one of the easiest. We need to take an approach where we avoid
words like advanced and invite words like simplicity. This is missing
on almost every article I have come across. I think we can think of an
approach as and when our strategy is completed

Point 2 is a meager one but the Promo DVDs which are distributed to
ambassadors can be used to replace the dvds. The only reason I suggest
is that openSUSE Promo DVD = installation + Live GNOME + Live KDE
whereas openSUSE DVD at net = installation

These few things I think might help on our next release.

Regards
Manu Gupta

--
Regards