Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Questions about osc
On 9/11/20 3:24 AM, Michal Kubecek wrote:
That's part of the kmp packaging macro magic, not much the kmp packager
can do about it.

There is the possibility of doing crazy ugly hacks like

%define regenerate_initrd_posttrans /bin/true\
%{nil}

but a bug / feature request against kernel-macros package to give kmp
packagers an easy and documented way to say "this module will not end up
on initrd" would be better:-)
But can you ever be sure that it definitely cannot end up in initrd?
How do you e.g. prevent user from putting it into INITRD_MODULES
explicitly? I'm afraid the only safe way would be a dracut feature that
would let you check if it would put a module into initrd based on
current configuration and dependencies.

In the VB case, the kmp install section had the following statements:
export INITRD_IN_POSTTRANS=1
export KMP_NEEDS_MKINITRD=0
My tests show that inclusion in initrd stopped when these were removed. We will see what results Pete gets when the new version reaches TW.

Larry