Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Questions about osc
Am 08.09.20 um 18:36 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:

Can't halp you with your questions, sorry, but this reminds me of something,
that I wanted to ask: for what reason does the kmp package rebuild the initrd?

That's part of the kmp packaging macro magic, not much the kmp packager
can do about it.

There is the possibility of doing crazy ugly hacks like

%define regenerate_initrd_posttrans /bin/true\
%{nil}

but a bug / feature request against kernel-macros package to give kmp
packagers an easy and documented way to say "this module will not end up
on initrd" would be better :-)

Usually, the initrd contains only those modules, that are essential for
initial boot setup, eg. everything, that is needed to mount and switch over
the real root. The virtualbox host kmp doesn't do anything in this respect,
does it?

Omitting the initrd rebuilds would speed up VB updates considerably..

90% of the KMP modules would benefit from such a feature ;-)

--
Stefan Seyfried