Re: [opensuse-buildservice] strange OBS failure "base system is broken"
Dne 03. 09. 20 v 8:32 Adrian Schröter napsal(a):
On Donnerstag, 3. September 2020, 04:00:52 CEST Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Hi.

I am working on a new util-linux.spec that will replace unreadable
multi-spec per-partes build by a single spec file with multibuild and three
flavors:
mini: Without systemd support. For staging purposes only.
standard: Full build of util-linux.
python: For all python flavors.

Everything is already converted, but I have a problem with util-linux-mini:
Local build works.
Server side build fails with a broken build root:
[ 192s] ... creating baselibs
[ 192s] chroot: failed to run command 'su': No such file or directory
[ 192s] ### VM INTERACTION START ###
[ 195s] [ 189.023976] sysrq: Power Off
[ 195s] [ 189.038905] reboot: Power down
[ 195s] ### VM INTERACTION END ###
[ 195s]
[ 195s] lamb20 failed "build util-linux.spec" at Thu Sep 3 01:49:11 UTC
2020.
[ 195s]

My previous attempt failed with a different error:
[ 188s] ... saving built packages
[ 188s] swapoff: error while loading shared libraries: libmount.so.1:
I did not saw this in your project.
It does not happen just now. It happened before adding Conflict between
flavors. After adding the conflict, the error changed, but the build still
fails.
Just a guess, do you have renamed the package providing this lib?
Yes. Flavor "standard" generates libmount1 (fully featured). Flavor "mini"
generates libmount1-mini (staging package without systemd support).

To prevent build loop including systemd In a future staging system, we will
need util-linux-mini. That will need update of the build system.[ 189s] Unable
to flush stdout: Text file busy
[ 189s] ### VM INTERACTION START ###
[ 189s] /.build/build-vm: line 304: echo: write error: Text file busy
[ 192s] [ 186.631112] sysrq: Power Off
[ 192s] [ 186.638388] reboot: Power down
[ 192s] ### VM INTERACTION END ###
[ 192s] No buildstatus set, either the base system is broken
(kernel/initrd/udev/glibc/bash/perl)
[ 192s] or the build host has a kernel or hardware problem...

See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux:mini/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64
for a full log.

I don't know, why it happens, and all my attempt to prevent it by explicit
Requires/Conflicts fail.

Please note that the new spec file will require changes in the build of the
base system: Either the OBS will prevent util-linux-mini (to prevent
dependency on systemd), or affected packages will require util-linux-mini
(and full build will need to provide util-linux-mini (to allow live build
without build root).

Additionally, I have a problem with baselibs.conf. The python flavor cannot
build requuested base libs. So I added
%if "<name>" == "standard"
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux/baselibs.conf?expand=1
But it apparently does not work:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux:standard/openSUSE_Factory/i586
[ 403s] bad line: %endif
The whole package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:sbrabec:branches:util-linux-multibuild/util-linux
well, yes, macros don't work in baselibs.conf files. And it would be IMHO
useless,
since the repository name can be random in any project. So every branch of
that
package would break the build.

Well, it seems to work even without %if. "python" flavor succeeded as well.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer