There is POC to use kubernetes containters as buildworkers
using Kubernetes-device-plugin for KVM (like kubevirt).

The procedure and results of the POC are documented[1] and waiting to
be published.

Some feedback on this POC would be nice.

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-docu/pull/138/files

Thanks
Sumit

On 2020-03-18 11:48, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 18. März 2020, 11:45:51 CET wrote Andreas Schwab:
On Mär 18 2020, Felder, Christian wrote:

> I am certain more and more people are interested in running at least the
workers using containers.
> Are those images generally available somewhere?

A worker doesn't need any special image. Just use your favourite
distro, and install the obs-worker package. The configuration can be
put in /etc/buildhost.config.

right, but be aware that you need priviledegd containers for KVM.

And you need KVM if builds are building images, need to be really secure
or need a specific kernel.

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg